DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING | PROJECT 4

Gao Yuanyi 0373945

Digital Photography and Imaging


PROJECT 4 (30%)

Timeframe: WEEK 9 - WEEK 14
Duration: 15 second
Output: .MOV or .MP4 less than 20MB
Size: 1080 x 1920 px (I.G reel/ story size)
Idea Development: 5 marks (WEEK 10)
Design Direction: 5 marks (WEEK 11)
Execution and Post Production: 10 marks (WEEK 12)
Animation & Finishing: 10 marks (WEEK 13)
Submission: WEEK 14


PART 1: WEEK 10 (5 marks) Idea Development

A biography about myself

INTRO
My name is Gao Yuanyi and I’m from China. I think I’m a little introverted but I can be an interesting person once you are close to me. I think I’m tall and thin and have an classic Chinese face. Most people thought I’m mature when they saw me the first time. Most time I’m a quiet person and I prefer quiet places then lively places. 

PARAGRAPH 1
When I was young, I learnt many skills — drawing, dancing, singing, playing piano eg. In the same time, I completed schoolworks perfectly. So nearly every teachers and parents liked me. I attended many shows and competitions in my primary school age. Feelings about the trainings and exciting when I was on stage were full of my childhood, which I can still remember.  

PARAGRAPH 2 
After the primary school time, I went to a high level junior high school as a student exceptionally skilled in singing and was approved to straightly study in a better senior high school of the same company as my junior high school. I’ve been in one of the best choir in the world called Lily Girl Choir for 6 years during my high school life. I really enjoyed the life when I was training and acting as a choir singer. Although I grew up with so many music around me, I like drawing more than liking singing. I feel myself have more talent in drawing and this kind of art. So I planned to learn design for my bachelor degree. At first, my mum didn’t support me as usual, for she couldn’t see the benefit of this kind of degree and career. But I told and annoyed her again and again with some same meanings of good words about design. Finally she agreed me learning design in Taylor’s University. 

SUMMARY 
Actually, I really felt confused and lost in my early age. I really didn’t know what I what to learn and what I what to be. But for now, I think things are getting better. I will learn more about myself with living in a new country, a new way and learning something that I really like and eager to know. 

A statement about my work

INTRO 
The central figure in the composition symbolizes the human experience, illuminated and surrounded by vibrant, glowing lines that evoke the imagery of quantum particles and waves. These neon-like elements are not merely decorative; they represent the unseen forces and energies that influence our lives, drawing attention to the interconnectedness of all things. 

PARAGRAPH 1 
The juxtaposition of the ethereal, almost otherworldly background with the stark, detailed portrayal of the human face is intentional. It emphasizes the duality of our existence – the tangible, physical self and the intangible, mysterious forces that shape our reality. The abstract patterns and vibrant colors serve to evoke a sense of curiosity and wonder, inviting viewers to ponder the complexities of the universe and our place within it. 

PARAGRAPH 2
I hope my work will be a visual meditation on the mysteries that lie beneath the surface of our everyday experiences. It challenges viewers to look beyond the obvious and consider the deeper, often hidden dimensions of life. Through this piece, I aim to inspire a sense of awe and contemplation, encouraging a deeper appreciation for the beauty and mystery that pervade our existence.
 
SUMMARY 
In essence, I want to create a journey into the unknown, a visual representation of the quest for understanding in a world filled with unanswered questions. It is an invitation to embrace the enigma and find meaning in the quantum connections that bind us all. 

MOOD BOARD (3 Poster reference)


Poster 1

Poster 2

Poster 3



PART 2: WEEK 11 (5 marks) Design Direction

Sketch progress

A digital poster based on my sketch

Digital poster progress 1

Digital poster progress 2



PART 3: WEEK 12 (10 Marks) Execution and Post Production

Final poster

Tittle: Quantum Enigma

Artist statement
The main figure in the artwork symbolizes the human experience, surrounded by glowing lines resembling quantum particles and waves. These elements highlight how everything is interconnected and influenced by unseen energies.

The artwork contrasts a detailed human face against an ethereal background, showing our physical selves alongside mysterious forces shaping our reality. The vibrant colors and abstract patterns spark curiosity, inviting viewers to ponder the universe’s complexities and our role within it.

“Quantum Enigma” explores the hidden mysteries of daily life, urging viewers to see beyond the surface and contemplate deeper dimensions. It aims to inspire awe and reflection, fostering a deeper appreciation for life’s beauty and mysteries.



PART 4: WEEK 14  SUBMISSION



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography | Task 1: Exercises

Typography | Task 2 Typographic Exploration & Communication

Typography | Task 3 Type Design & Communication